Thursday 24 July 2014

Vintage Birthday Card

One of the ladies from card class asked for a vintage card.  This is what I came up with. I love the combination of Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla and one other colour. 

To get the different colour shades I stamped off the stamp so that I had dark and light shades of the same colour.  I layered the flowers with dimensionals.

I also used the masking technique.  I roughly tore around the edges of a post it note and then placed it in the centre of the Very Vanilla card stock before stamping with the Hardwood stamp.

I sponged around the edges of the cardstock layers and also lightly over the doily so that it would blend in. I distressed the edges of the Rose Red cardstock and tore the Very Vanilla cardstock.  I rolled the edge of the doily and where I tore the cardstock to give it a more distressed look.

Card Front

Card Inside
Supplies Used
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge,  Hardwood, Petite Petals, Flower Shop and Petite Pairs
Ink:  Rose Red and Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: Rose Red, Baked Brown Sugar and Very Vanilla
Embellishments:  Pearls and Tea Lace Paper Doilies
Punches:  Pansy and Petite Petals
Ribbon:  1/2" (1.3 cm) Seam Binding Ribbon in Very Vanilla
Tools:  Distress Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment